If a district or charter has been ordered to secure the services of a Special Monitor to assist the school's Special Education department, or if a school wishes to be proactive by consulting with a Special Monitor to review existing programs, service delivery, and Special Education procedures, the Special Education Compliance Group can provide a special monitor.
A Special Monitor works with the special education director on the following:
- Draft and review a written action plan
- Arrange and coordinate in-service training
- Recommend the most effective ways to meet the requirements of the corrective action order
- Develop an overall corrective action plan
- Recommend steps to ensure ongoing compliance